3 Amazing Coconut Milk Powder Recipes That You Probably Haven’t Thought Of
By Greg Bastin • February 27, 2020
Aside from being delicious, coconut milk powder is versatile. Discover some recipes that will make your life much more enjoyable.
The health benefits of coconut, including its oil, milk, and flesh, are well-known to many.
They’re full of important antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
To reap these benefits, many people choose coconut milk powder as the most convenient form.
However, they use it mostly in their coffee and tea, rather than adding it to their food.
Many people don’t know just how versatile (and delicious) coconut milk powder can be.
This article will show you the range of possibilities it offers and gives you some creative recipes to spark your imagination.
But before that, let’s see why coconut powder is so good for you.
The Reasons You Need Coconut Milk Powder
Obviously, the biggest reason people use organic coconut milk powder is its numerous health benefits.
But where do those come from?
Coconut powder is very rich in healthy fats.
It’s a great source of medium-chain fatty acids.
These fats promote a healthy metabolism and help the body burn its fat stores more quickly.
Furthermore, coconut milk powder is also rich in lauric acid, which is famous for its antimicrobial properties.
Coconut powder supplements often contain other healthy plant-based ingredients in smaller doses.
These include organic tapioca, organic acacia fiber, and more.
Coconut milk powder is also one of the best non-dairy alternatives for those who are lactose intolerant.
Melissa, for one, uses it whenever she travels or runs out of dairy-free creamer.
She loves its taste and very light texture.
All in all, she’s exceedingly pleased with the supplement and plans on using it regularly.
To top it all off, coconut powder supplements are super-convenient.
You can store them for a long time in a sealed container and they won’t go bad (in spite of what the best-by date may say).
Plus they’re very simple to use.
Just add hot water and you have a tasty drink.
You can also do a lot more with organic coconut milk powder.
For example, Matilda uses the power in many recipes and her family loves the taste.
However, many people are still unfamiliar with the many ways to add coconut milk powder to food.
That’s the perfect excuse to take a look at some creative recipes…
1 - Coconut Rum Cake
If you’re up for a sweet buttery treat, this coconut rum cake can be an excellent choice.
Plus it’s gluten-free, with only trace amounts of lactose, so it’s a delicious option for everyone with those allergies.
- Gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour – 2 cups, sieved
- Eggs – 4 large
- Shredded coconut – 1 cup
- Coconut milk powder – ½ cup, sieved
- Tapioca flour – ¼ cup
- Coconut sugar – 2 cups
- Butter, room temperature – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – 1 can
- Dark rum essence – ½ tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
For the rum syrup:
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Coconut sugar – ¼ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Dark rum essence – 1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Thoroughly grease or spray a Bundt pan.
- Use a mixer to cream the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add the shredded coconut, gluten-free flour, baking powder, tapioca starch, and coconut milk powder and set aside
- Put the coconut milk and eggs into another bowl, and then add the vanilla and rum essence.
- Pour half of the milk-egg mixture into the creamed butter/sugar and then add half of the gluten-free flour.
- Mix everything together for a minute, then add the remaining wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix the batter for around 2 minutes until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Carefully pour the batter into the Bundt pan, and then smooth the top using a spatula.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes. The cake should turn a golden color.
- Insert a toothpick or skewer to check for doneness. If it comes out clean it’s done. If not, bake for an additional 5–10 minutes and test again.
- When it’s done, remove your cake from the oven. Place it on a cooling rack while still in the pan.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes. While it’s cooling, make the rum syrup.
For the rum syrup:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium, and then pour in the water and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat back to medium and stir for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the rum essence.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter or plate. If it doesn’t come out at once, gently tap the pan to give it a hand.
- With a toothpick or skewer, poke a few holes in the top of the cake about ½ inch apart.
- Using a pastry brush, evenly glaze the top and sides of the cake. Repeat a few times for a thicker coat.
- Carefully pour the remaining syrup over the cake.
This will give 6–8 servings of a moist and tasty rum cake.
2 - Coconut Milk Ice Cream
You don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to make this delicious ice cream.
It’s a great-tasting healthy dessert.
You do need an ice cream maker for this.
- Coconut milk powder – 1 cup
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Coconut sugar – ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Himalayan salt – ¼ tsp
- Blend the coconut milk powder and hot water in a blender on medium-high speed until well-mixed.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and blend again for 20 seconds.
- Place the blended mixture in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Turn on your ice cream maker and pour the mixture into it.
- Churn according to the instructions that came with your ice cream maker.
- To harden the ice cream, put it in a freezer-safe container. Seal it off with a sheet of wax paper.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a warm spoon to serve.
And that’s it! You can make this delicious treat with just 5 ingredients.
Better yet, all of them are friendly to most diets.
3 - Chicken Curry
If you thought that coconut milk powder only goes well with sweets, think again.
You can totally use it to prepare the main dish for lunch or dinner, such as this chicken curry.
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 1 medium
- Indian masala mix – 1 to 3 tbsp, to taste
- Onion – 2 medium, roughly chopped
- Tomato – 2 medium, roughly chopped
- Water – 3 cups
- Fresh curry leaves – ½ cup (you can substitute basil or the zest of 1 lime)
- Chicken – 1 medium, skin removed, cut into 8 pieces
- Coconut milk powder – ½ cup, dissolved in 1 cup of water
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, Indian masala paste, onions, tomatoes, and chili to a blender and blend until you get a rough paste.
- In a large saucepan, heat up some cooking oil and add the curry leaves. Cook until aromatic.
- Add the paste mixture and stir for about 2 mins.
- Add the water and chicken and simmer over medium heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the coconut milk powder solution and stir well into the sauce. Let the whole thing simmer for another 15 mins.
- Remove from the stovetop and transfer the contents to a plate for serving. Garnish with curry leaves.
In just 45 minutes, you’ll have a mouth-watering, healthy meal for up to six people.
Treat your family and friends to an exotic (and delicious) new experience!
Enrich Your Life With Coconut Milk Powder
As you can see, coconut milk powder has more uses than most people think.
From adding it to hot chocolate to making a healthy and nutritious lunch, the possibilities are endless.
With the proper diet, coconut powder can support your health or body goals.
If your allergies prevent you from enjoying your favorite meals, it can be an excellent alternative to cow’s milk.
You can use it to prepare a wide variety of dishes and drinks that will add the fun factor to your diet.
You don’t have to look any further for a high-quality coconut milk powder either.