4 Interesting Ways To Use MCT Oil Powder
By Greg Bastin - 4/28/2020
Besides being delicious, MCT oil powder is also one of the most versatile supplements around. Take a look at several creative ways of adding it to your diet.
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are among nature’s healthiest fatty acids. With that in mind, it’s no wonder that MCT oil powder has become such a popular supplement. It’s a highly-concentrated source of MCTs typically extracted from palm or coconut oil. Most of the time, it contains 100% caprylic acid, though it can also contain capric acid or a combination of both.
There are a plethora of benefits for those who take an MCT supplement regularly. Many people use them to burn body fat more quickly without feeling hungry all the time. MCT oil can make you feel more satiated with or without food, which makes even the most restrictive diet more enjoyable.
It’s as easy as this: if you want to look and feel better, there are few supplements as effective as MCT powder. Better yet, there’s a wide variety of ways to add it to your diet. Even though many people focus on coffees and teas for simplicity, you can get a lot more creative than that.
You’ll in the following some of the best ways to take full advantage of MCT oil powder. First things first, let’s check out the stories of those who are using it to great effects.
What People are Saying about MCT Oil Powder
Most people have experienced positive results after adding MCT oil powder to their diet. From weight loss to higher energy levels, there’s a wide spectrum of improvements noticed.
For Lory Lacy, who has to avoid coffee or dairy products, she uses the powder in her non-coffee and dairy-free morning drink. It’s super-creamy such that Lori no longer misses coffee as much. More importantly, she noticed significant improvements in her memory after using. Her meditation practice also plays a role, but Lory is quick to credit her preferred delivery system of MCTs in warm water:
“I won’t swear to it, but there is a marked difference. I am pleased that this is in my life.”
Jacob M. Jannell shares Lory’s opinion about the supplement. He uses it in lieu of coffee creamer, and he couldn’t be happier with the results.
Before this, Jacob used to put coconut oil in his coffee for his dose of MCTs. However, this gives the coffee an oily texture that he didn’t care for. Jacob found MCT oil powder to be a much better option. In his words:
“This powder gives me the MCT I need and is better than adding coconut oil.”
There are lots of other people who have made this supplement an integral part of their diet. Adding it to drinks is perhaps the most convenient.
But what if you want to do more with MCT oil powder? You certainly can! Here you go:
1. Add to a Protein Shake
You may be aware that lots of people add MCT oil powder to hot drinks. But what about cold drinks?
The good news is that you can easily add the powder to any cold drink, including protein shakes. The powder is unflavored, meaning that you won’t even notice it if you mix it with other ingredients. Plus, a quality powder will mix readily – you won’t have to emulsify or blend it.
As for the preparation, there’s really no limit to it. You can add it to any protein shake. This is excellent for those who wish to live a healthy lifestyle, especially the active variety.
If you work out regularly, for example, powdered MCT oil should become a part of your routine. MCTs fuel your body and brain, serving as an instant energy source. Your workouts will be more effortless and more enjoyable at the same time, complete with an increase in stamina.
Since you’re pairing the powder with healthy sources of protein, you can maximize the effects of your workouts. These include muscle-building and toning, among other body goals.
2. Mix into Fat Bombs
If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you already know the importance of healthy fats. You also know to stay away from sweets and sugary stuff.
Luckily, there are recipes that can satisfy your sweet tooth without kicking you out of ketosis. Plus, adding MCT oil powder to the mix can also give you lots of healthy fats.
Here’s a recipe for fat bombs that make for an excellent choice.
For the crust:
- Raw hazelnuts – ¾ cup
- Raw almonds – ½ cup
- Shredded unsweetened coconut – ½ cup
- Dates – 6, pitted
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Raw cacao powder – 3 tbsp (optional)
- Sea salt – ¼ tsp
For the coconut filling:
- Coconut butter – 1/3 cup
- MCT oil – ½ tbsp
- Put all the crust ingredients in a blender/food processor. Blend until the ingredients come together and the mixture is sticky.
- Spoon the mixture on a silicone tray (so that you can pop them easier later) and press down with your fingers or the back side of a spoon.
- In a double broiler, melt the coconut butter on low heat. Remove the butter and place it in a bowl.
- Add the powdered MCT oil and other flavors/herbs/spices for color.
- Pour into the mold carefully and then put the mixture in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes, or until it gets hard.
- Remove the fat bombs from the tray and put them in a container in the freezer or fridge.
And there you have it! In a few easy steps, you can have multiple servings of delicious fat bombs that are great at eliminating sugar cravings and keeping you healthy.
3. Combine with a Digestion-Boosting Smoothie
A healthy digestive system is vital to overall health. It must absorb all the right nutrients that you get from foods and get rid of everything that doesn’t serve your body. The good news is that just one smoothie per day can do wonders for your digestive health. Add to it a high-grade MCT oil powder and you get a drink that can supercharge your health.
As you can imagine, there are countless smoothie recipes for this. Here’s a super-healthy option for your perusal.
- Fresh spinach – 1 cup
- Fresh cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Fresh ginger – 2 tsp, chopped
- Filtered water – ½ cup
- Cucumber – 1 cup, diced, peeled if desired
- Green apple – 1 medium, cored, peeled if desired
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- MCT oil powder – 1-3 tsp
- Put the spinach, water, cilantro, and ginger into the blender jar.
- Blend until smooth and there are no leafy chunks.
- Add the cucumber, lemon juice, apple, and MCT oil powder to the blender.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for no more than one day.
From the ingredients alone you know that there are lots of healthy nutrients in this smoothie. It will keep you energized and healthy, and your metabolism at a healthy level.
4. Add to Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a favorite breakfast all over the United States. It can kick-start your metabolism and supply your body with dietary fiber. Plus, it can work wonders for your overall health, if you’re judicious with the added ingredients.
A great example of the added ingredients is powdered MCT oil. Let’s find out how to prepare this tasty and nutritious breakfast.
- Old-fashioned oatmeal – ½ cup, uncooked
- Unsweetened almond milk – ½ cup
- Chia seeds – 2 tbsp
- MCT oil powder – 1 tbsp
- Banana – 1 whole
- Coconut oil – ½ tbsp
- Cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Add the oatmeal, MCT oil powder, chia seeds, and milk in a mason jar and stir well
- Cover and place in the fridge to settle overnight
- When eating, caramelize the banana by heating the coconut oil and banana slices in a small skillet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top and then sauté for 3 minutes or until crispy and cooked
- Add to the oatmeal and serve.
This oatmeal will help you to properly start your day. You’ll feel full and energized without consuming a lot of calories. Plus, your body gets the needed nutrients for supporting your lifestyle.
Don’t Be Afraid to Experiment
It’s safe to say that there are enough ways to add powdered MCT oil to your diet. Of course, you must make sure to get the highest-quality MCT oil powder for the best results.
If you’re looking for a creamy source of MCT, you’ll want to try our Unflavored MCT Oil Powder. It contains all the healthy acids and none of the sweeteners, soy, or GMO ingredients. Give it a look and feel free to experiment with the uses!